16 Tips to Make Entertaining Your Guests Outdoors a Smash
You remember the high school and college days. You had parties all summer, and likely all year long.
You’ve grown up as an adult. Well…maybe only a little.
Nonetheless, you still want to have fun. You already know how. But check out these ideas to spice things up a little:
- Comfortable cushions make sitting and relaxing a breeze. Get rid of hard chairs and benches. Or outfit them with comfortable cushioning.
- Have theme-based parties, like a red, white, and blue party around July 4th.
- Carve a watermelon (just like you would a pumpkin). Use stencils or your own imagination to make fun shapes and words. Consider using it as the centerpiece on your table.
- Use lemon slices topped with cloves as decorations…and natural bug repellants. Bugs can’t stand the scent.
- Rub half an onion on the grates of your grill to keep food from sticking on it. Makes cooking and cleaning so much easier…and fun.
- Use frozen water balloons in a glass bowl as a way of keeping alcoholic drinks cold. Plus, you’ll impress your guests with your unique decorative choice.
- Put your condiments in a muffin tin to delight, impress, and organize.
- Put a layer of lemons, limes, or oranges beneath your fish before you grill it. It sears in the taste, making it so much stronger.
- Umbrellas aren’t just for shade. You can get them in many unique styles to add a touch of class to your outdoor dining area.
- Make a simple, but beautiful, centerpiece by trimming the stems off your favorite flowers and placing them in water inside a large serving platter. Simple, but elegant.
- Keep dairy-based dips nice’n’cool by filling a large bowl with ice and sprinkling kosher salt on it. Then, place the dip on top.
- Drape paper lanterns with dark extension cords to provide the lighting your guests want…in style.
- You can do the same with plastic hooks and twinkling light strands. Don’t use nails or staples, as they can pierce the wire, giving you a shocking surprise.
- Say goodbye to the possibility of fire and hello to gorgeous decoration with battery-operated candles.
- Get a standing fire pit to put on your grass or stone patio.
- Consider a tropical, 70s, beach, or old-fashioned lemonade stand theme for your party.
Wow! Now you have a nice list to choose from. You have no excuses for not having fun this summer now.