7 Ways to Stay Cool in the Texas Heat from Casual Living
At Casual Living, we understand the demand for cool living as our great state quickly approaches its hottest stretch of the summer season. Temperatures are routinely hitting the high 90s, and people around the DFW Metroplex are hitting their patios in their downtime. How do you stay cool without chaining yourself to your indoor AC? We’ve put together seven ways to stay cool that are fun, easy, and effective!
- Phone-Operated Fan – Turn your smart phone into a smart fan with the latest phone-operated mini fans available for both iPhones and Android phones. In spite of these fans’ diminutive size, the good ones pack quite a breeze for the hottest of days. You may need to charge your battery a little more frequently, but the cool off will be worth it.
- Instant Chilled Beverage – Instantly chill your room-temperature or semi-cold beer, cider, or glass-bottled soda and cool off at the same time. Just wrap a wet paper towel around your favorite beverage, douse it in water to moisten the towel, and stick it in the freezer for just 8-15 minutes for an ice-cold, refreshing beverage.
- DIY Air Conditioner – If you love the comfort of your air conditioner but also crave your outdoor space, make your own icebox, much like the “air conditioners” of old. Position a shallow pan or bowl full of ice directly in front of a fan. The breeze will transfer the cold water from the ice’s surface as it melts, blowing the cooling mist in your direction.
- Pack It Up – For an instant cool down while enjoying your outdoor oasis, apply ice packs to your pulse points, including the wrists, neck, elbows, ankles, and behind the knees. Make sure you wrap the packs in a cloth or towel to prevent ice burn.
- Stay Hydrated – One of the most effective ways to stay cool during the hottest days is to keep fueled up on water. The more you sweat, the more you need to replenish, so make sure you have your favorite H2O bottle filled to brim at all times.
- Maximize Your Grill-Out Time – When the last thing you can imagine yourself doing during the summer is sweating over a hot stove for dinner time, make the most out of your patio for grill magic. Garnish the main meal with cool salads and fruit, keeping in mind that lighter meals are easier to metabolize, thus producing less internal heat.
- Cash in on Casual Living’s “Cool Living” Selection – Many of our products we offer were made to keep Texans cool in the heat of summer. Our umbrellas cast a cool shade during even the hottest August days and lend color and elegance to your patio. Decorative coolers and fans are fun, stylish, and always functional. We’ll get you equipped to make the most of out every patio experience.
Don’t let the heat beat your time on your patio. Have fun with these ways to stay cool and swing by our Casual Living locations or browse our catalog for more great sweat-saving ideas. Call us today for any questions.