BBQ Party Ideas for the 4th of July – Top 6 Tips for a Dynamite Party
Can you believe we’re just a month away from the Fourth of July? If that comes as a shock, you better get cracking on planning a great BBQ bash for your friends and family. Whether you plan on hosting a block party at your house or a fun family get-together at the park, it takes some top BBQ party ideas and strategy to pull off the perfect celebration.
At Casual Living, we want to give you a hand. We’ve laid out our favorite top six tips to make your Fourth of July party a star-studded success.
- Prime Location – What you want to do at your party determines the location. If you want to shoot off your own fireworks, you’ll want to be outside city limits. Perhaps you have a great pool and view in your backyard from which you can later watch the city’s fireworks display. Make choosing location your first step, and reserve any space you need.
- The Menu – Food is often the centerpiece of any BBQ celebration, but you should actually keep the menu fairly simple. Choose favorite BBQ meats such as chicken and pork. Add in grilled corn on the cob, potato salad or coleslaw, and chocolate cake. Try making a patriotic Red, White, and Blue cake for a fun addition. To keep costs down, consider making it a potluck affair.
- Grilling Magic – The big moment has arrived – cooking the fabulous food – and the responsibility rests on your shoulders. Are you prepared? Set up a grill-side prep table, use newspaper and coals instead of lighter fluid, and secure the right tools, such as a Big Green Egg, for optimal grilling to make sure you and your cuisine look like rock stars.
- Memorable Entertainment – What’s a party without the entertainment? Consider hosting a historical-themed party for the Fourth, or a traditional red, white, and blue celebration. Include karaoke, kid-friendly games, or adult-friendly games if you’ve excluded children! Send out invitations in advance and let guests know if they need to bring extra gear with them such as swim suits or croquet mallets.
- Seating and Tables – Where there’s a party, comfortable seating and outdoor furniture are essential. Arrange for and bring rental chairs and tables if you’re hosting your party in a public place. If you’re holding the bash at your home, consider investing in high quality seating and tables that will last you the whole year.
- Drinks for All – Not to be forgotten, drinks and beverages keep the fun flowing long into the night. If your party is family-friendly, make sure you include sufficient amounts of lemonade, iced tea, punch, and water for children and those who don’t imbibe alcohol. Consider the BYOB (Bring Your Own Beer/Wine) option to keep costs down and guests happy.
Use our handy BBQ party ideas and dream up your own to throw a sensational party for the Fourth of July, or for any event that calls for celebration. At Casual Living you’ll also find a variety of products such as outdoor seating, fire pit tables, grills, and patio accessories. Browse our online catalog for our beautiful collections today, or contact us with any questions.